History of St. Mark’s

St. Mark’s began as First English Lutheran Church in 1913.  We were the first english-speaking Lutheran congregation in the area, thus the name.  Here is a poster listing the original 85 Charter Members.

It was in 1939, when the faith community moved to its current location on King Street, that it changed its name to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church.  Read here for more information on the history of St. Mark’s.  This article was published in the 2011 winter edition of the Cherry Park Neighbourhood Association’s newsletter.

The Eastern Synod celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2011. Here is information on a 5 Photo Challenge issued to all congregations across the Eastern Synod, along with the photos submitted by St. Mark’s.

 

2013 – St. Mark’s 100th AnniversaryWindow1

Feb. 3 – Anniversary Sunday – 10:15am Worhip with Guest Preacher, Bishop Michael Pryse.  Dedication of Narthex windows and mural.  

  •   Bishop Pryse’s sermon from the 100th Anniversary service.  Enjoy!
  •   To the right – our new stained glass window and mural.  Beautiful!

Apr. 21 – Sunday Afternoon Concert @ St. Mark’s – The Menno Singers.

Sept. 21 – Doors Open Event (Waterloo Region).  Discovering the art and architecture of St. Mark’s.

Nov. 10 – Congregational Lunch at St. George Banquet Hall, Waterloo. Entertainment provided by Synergy (youth) Bell Choir.

Worship Times

Sundays: 8:30 & 10:15 am
Summer: 9:30 am ONLY
(May long weekend to Labour Day) Children & Adult Education: 9 - 10 am Worship Band 3rd Sun of month, 10:15
Join us for coffee after the service!

Contact Us

825 King St. W.
Kitchener, ON N2G 1E3
(519) 743-6309
We're on King Street, between KCI and Grand River Hospital.

St. Marks Lutheran Church logo